Saturday 1 September 2007

Oak furniture - man I am good :)

Aahhh...yup, I made this...for a rich customer in Stockholm. My new boss was involved too...he cut the first pieces for the big cabinet...but the rest is the work of little old me :)
This first pic is from the factory (where I work), I just finished this part...2 of these on each side of the cabinet....did I mention....everything is solid oak ;)
Here it is at the customer...right smack where they wanted it. The big cabinet was kind of tricky to get into the house. We had to take out the kitchen window and push it through there.

Nice huh?? And expensive...about 8000 USD...give or take a few bucks.
This took me 2 weeks to put together...all by hand. No computerized machines here....nope, old school carpentry buddies.
The darker wood (handles etc.) is the African Wenge...very very expensive...but very very beautiful. Yup...we made them too.
The funny thing is...I can build it...but I can´t afford it myself...darn...I´d like something like that at home myself...maybe just a bit different in style.
Ah well...in the future perhaps...who knows ;)
Carry on....










4 comments:

Mark N said...

Very, very nice work, kompis! All of our wood furniture is just... well, I'm not even sure it's wood!

You do good work. Are you hiring? :D

Anki said...

Vad duktig du är gubben! Om jag ritar vad jag vill ha här hemma, bygger du då?

Daddy Cool said...

Hiring??? Umm...I´m not sure that your axe skills is useful where I work...maybe against idiot customers...sure, why not ;)

And if you are unsure about the wood or not wood in your furnitures...start a fire, if it burns it´s wood...if it melts it´s not :)

This swede aint stupid...pretty clever if I might say...omfg...brain meltdown...it does that when I lie in un-realistic measurments....darn....

Now some swedish -

Japp kära fru...för dig bygger jag vad som helst :)

Puss på dig!!!

Anki said...

Tack! En vägg med pysselhärna och förvaring på fula väggen i vardagsrummet kanske?
Eller ännu hellre ett nytt hus som inte ligger nära miss piggy....