Saturday 3 November 2007

Just some ranting!!!!

Ok...here we go....

I used to play Battlefield Vietnam...LOTS...the team I am a part of was a BFV clan...uptil now that is.
Now we run Battlefield 2 on our server...and call ourselves a BF2 team.

Now...in BFV I was a chopper nerd. Man I loved those choppers :) Especially the Mi8 (vietnam chopper). It was a bit clumsy...but man did I master that machine. The US side had Huey Gunships, also very cool choppers, more agile than the Mi8. But I could outmanouver a good Huey pilot in my Mi8...bragging my ass...I killed everything...period ;)

I did shots you would´nt believe. I went head to head with 2 Hueys WITH gunners and took them out...not always, but if I saw them 1st they were dead. I could hit a bugs ass from a mile...and planes...some plane pilots accused me of cheating when I killed them from impossible angles. I was really really good at it....honest to gods truth, no cheats, no hacks, I rocked that Mi8.

Hueys also became a good friend of mine. I did some awesome stunts in that one...2 Mi8´s had a rough time taking me down. If I had a good gunner I could stay alive for a whole round. I did faster landings/re-loads than most...I rarely got bombed during re-load...almost never actually.

Why this WC of bragging then??? Well...like I said, I play BF2 these days...there are choppers there aswell.
BUT GOD DAMMIT....the choppers in BF2 are lousy, boring and agile as my old Volvo. Vehicles in general in BF2 are stoopid.
Everytime I play WITH vehicles I get pissed off. So many vehicle whores out there in the world of BF2.

So I am now a infantry dood...pretty good too ;) Not the best, but I will deffo put up a fight.

It´s not until now I understand how boring it is when someone sits in a vehicle they master, killing everything in their way. Now I know why so many players got mad at me in BFV.

So I play infantry now, I do NOT wanna spend 2 years learning how to master the choppers in BF2...I don´t wanna be a vehicle whore again....been there, done that.

Infantry rocks...more fair that way.

See ya on our server on infantry nights (sun-wed)....keep an eye out for [TE]DaddyCool...I will be there doing some seroius killing :)

Carry on..........

4 comments:

Mark N said...

Ah, the good ol' 'Nam days. Operation Hastings. That was the first map I saw you in. I jumped into the gunner's seat of the Huey you were flying and we tore up the map. Good times, mate. Good times. I kind of miss it. ....No, not really.

The future beckons, my Swedish friend. The modern age is upon us. M1 Abrams, Cobras, F-35B bombers... it is time to stop reminiscing about the past and pay attention to me sneaking up behind with with a knife or defibrillator.

I played a bit yesterday and today. I pwned last night, getting 190 points in 2 rounds. 3rd place and 1st place respectively. Missed ya, buddy.

Daddy Cool said...

Hell yeah Mark buddy...I hope we can get together for a few rounds sometime soon.
190 points in 2 rounds huh...nice, a few weeks ago I racked up 517 points in 2 rounds (259/258) infantry...no commanding...I almost could´nt believe it. My record so far ;)

Normally I get like 80-100 on our server...outside TE it get worse...harder to choose good teammates :)

Take care buddy, hope to see ya in game soon.

Mark N said...

My best round score is 323 as a commander and about 260 or so as non-commander. Hard to do, but oh so satisfying when you do it. You're right up there with me. Congrats!

Daddy Cool said...

Thanks buddy...you know that you are my hero ;)