Tuesday 22 May 2007

Music - Candy for ones eares :)

Oooh...I love that guitar...my Les Paul Studio (Vintage Sunburn). I used to have one more Les Paul, a black one...but I sold it.
Actually...I´ve had plenty of guitars...tried most of them...but this one...it rocks :)

So yup...I play guitar...I used to be in a band. We played music from the 60s and 70s...Thin Lizzy, Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Doors, Box Tops, Los Bravos, David Bowie, Dusty Springfield, Hollies and many more. We called ourselves 'The Generators'...we thought that sounded like a band name from back then ;)

We did some gigs here and there...no BIG ass gigs...biggest crowd about 450-500 me finks...but darn it was fun...mostly. Playing at small places without a proper stage can be...absolutely life threatening...hahaha.
I remember one gig...here in Falun (where I live). It was packed...I mean PACKED...and everyone in the crownd was shitfaced. But the feeling in there was awesome...PAAAAAARTYYY...hehe.
So we started the gig...WOOT...everyone went ballistic...people where falling all over...beer and drinks were flying through the air...they danced like maniacs...into the band ofcourse...that means us...GEES. I had to stop playing in the middle of a song (I did lead song and rythm guitar) cause people were falling all over me...the dood who did the backing vocals busted his lip when some drunk fell into his mic stand....man it was rock´n roll :)

Afterwards we needed a shower...badly...we were...well, sticky from all the alcohol flying around...and our gear (guitars, drums, PA) were...not in a good shape...man, you could get drunk by licking the stuff.

Yeah...it was fun playing a rock star every now and then :)

I have put in some links to click if you wanna hear me play and sing. The songs are written by me and I play guitars and handles the vocal abuse ;)

Following doodz are playing -

Drums and backing vocals: Fredrik Halvarsson
Bass and some rythm guitars: Andreas "Nyzze" Nyström
Lead vocals, lead guitar, rythm guitar: Doobeedoo...yours truly :)

Have fun all of you.

Until the next time...rock on!!!

No comments: